"once you choose hope, anything is possible"

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

puppy love

I have never been much of an animal person, but my family's newest puppy has me raving about puppy love. Its hard to have a frown on your face when you are being kissed over and over again by this baby. 


Gracie is 9 weeks old and the newest member of my crazy family. She provides an ongoing source of entertainment as she tries to figure out life in the Hau house. Her most recent endeavor has been trying to decide what the pool is and whether or not she can use it. During the past weekend, as I was faced with new challenges and grief after the death of a friend, I could always count on Gracie to rush to the door every time I returned home. The complete and total happiness that Gracie exuded every time I went to play with her was enough to bring a smile to my face no matter what I was feeling when I walked in the room originally. 





For me, Gracie is my most recent source of hope. She reminds me that not every thing in this world is bad. She shows me that there is such a thing as unconditional love, even if it may be in the form of puppy love. More than anything, she is a constant in my life, someone that I can count on to always be there. 

Gracie was my glimpse of hope this weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment