"once you choose hope, anything is possible"

Friday, April 20, 2012

southern obsession.

These last few days have brought a lot of rain and dreariness. Sometimes it is so difficult to get out of bed on days like these, but lucky for me, I had some big plans to look forward too. As I have mentioned before, I am a country psycho. I am such a southern girl it is scary sometimes, and there is nothing I love more than my country music. This weekend I was blessed to see not one, but two incredible country concerts featuring some of my favorite artists. Between southern comfort, best friends, baseball, family, and endless laughter I have had one amazing weekend...and it's only friday!

My fun filled weekend started a little early, on Wednesday, when I got to go to the Brewers game with my sister and some of our wonderful friends. It was so nice just to sit and relax after a long week of tests and papers. I am a diehard Arizona Diamondbacks fan, but I adopted the home team for the day and was thrilled when they pulled off a win with a walk off run in the 9th inning.

Thursday was a day that I have been looking forward to for quite sometime. Miranda Lambert, my country idol, was playing just a few blocks away from my school and she was accompanied by two of my favorite country men, Jerrod Niemann and Chris Young. The concert was incredible and I spent it with my very best friend. I went home exhausted and voiceless, but it was so worth every moment of it. If y'all haven't heard of these talented artists, you HAVE to check them out, they are incredible! Miranda Lambert began one of her songs by explaining how music had always been a source of healing for her...I could not agree more. It is Miranda's newest single, Over You, that has been a source of so much emotion and strength during my difficult times. I swear by the fact that music has a way of helping you through some of the most difficult things and I am happy to say that it is Miranda's music as well as so many other artists that have brought me so much hope and comfort.


Finally, tonight I got to see a newer country artist, Hunter Hayes. He was AMAZING to see live and was so entertaining. It was a smaller venue so I literally got to stand just a few feet from him and I had an absolute blast. I am going to need several days of recovery after this week, thank goodness I have all day Saturday and Sunday. My boots have gotten their fair share of excitement this week and I am so incredibly grateful that I had such amazing people by my side to share this week with.

It is days like today that give me hope. Sometimes the bad days seem to pile up one after another, and often it gets too much to bear. I know it is difficult, and I know sometimes we don't want to, but it is crucial that we hang in there because there are going to be good days and those good days ARE worth it. And for those bad days that seem as if you won't get through, focus on something you know for certain is good. Whether it be music, your best friend, a family member, or your favorite movie, hold on to it, the bad days will pass and it just means you're next in line for something truly good to happen.

"where there is life there is hope. and where there is hope you will find happiness"







No comments:

Post a Comment